- Catherine Walker Ltd (“we”) offers a service to make our set designs to the client’s (“you/your”) measurements. “The order” refers to the particular garment service as summarised on the associated invoice.
THE SET DESIGNS
- The set design, usually a sample in our showroom, is the basis of the order. If any small variations to the set design are agreed with us they will be noted at the time of the order.
- Please note that the price of the order does not include any other design changes, for example at fittings.
- Please note that because of the custom-made nature of our garments the final product may differ from the sample in the showroom.
FABRIC SAMPLES AND ILLUSTRATIONS
- If we provide you with a sample of fabric or an illustration please only use them for general guidance.
- Although we do our best to match the final colour and texture of the fabric to the showroom sample, all garment colours shown on the samples are only as accurate as the swatch allows, and the final fabric may vary in shade or texture from that presented to you for guidance.
- The final garments may present differently on you than those displayed in samples or illustrations because of factors such as variations in interlinings, body size, shape or skin tone.
- Your pattern will be cut based on your measurements and noted by us when the order is placed.
- Once patterns are cut to your noted measurements, dimensional changes to the order may not be possible without extra work and therefore an extra charge. Changes can also mean a delay in completing the order.
- Please let us know if you are intending to lose or gain weight, or to wear a different shoe heel height, or undergarments that alter the figure. Any such information must be provided by you before the order is placed.
- We will not be responsible for any loss incurred by you due to changes in body size or shape once the order is placed.
- Please be prepared for at least four fittings; however there may be more depending on the complexity of the design and the fit. If you wish we will try to give an estimate of the number of fittings required at the start of the order but we cannot guarantee the exact number of fittings.
- A 50% deposit is required with the order.
- By paying the deposit you give consent to us to place orders for the selected fabrics, and to start work at our studio.
DELIVERY SERVICE AND COLLECTION
- The cost of your order does not include a delivery service. We will be happy to send goods under your instructions and add the delivery cost to the price of the order. We will not be responsible for paying any customs and importation fees. Please note that we cannot be held responsible for any delays by the delivery service provider.
- The balance outstanding on your order is to be paid on or before collection.
YOUR CONTACT DETAILS
- When placing the order you will provide us with a working phone number and/or email address at which you can be contacted. We will use these contact details to notify you of the progress of the order.
- If you decide to cancel the order once we have started work on your order, and/or once we have ordered fabrics, then the deposit you have paid will not be refunded. This is because once an order has been placed costs are immediately incurred by us.
- Should you cancel the order between the time work has started on your order, and/or the fabrics are ordered by us, but before the goods are complete (for example, after initial fittings) then we reserve the right to collect from you a proportion of the balance representing the work completed by us.
- If the goods are complete or nearly complete then, in addition to the deposit, we will look for you for the whole balance due.
- We will consider any order cancelled by you if we do not hear from you for three months after we have notified you that the goods are ready for fitting or collection.
- If we decide to cancel the order, for example because of supply difficulties, then any deposit paid will be refunded to you in full. No other claim will be accepted other than those guaranteed by your statutory rights.
TIME OF COMPLETION
- We cannot guarantee that the order will be completed by a certain date. If your order is for an occasion that cannot be postponed we strongly recommend that enough time is given to allow for alternative garments to be obtained in case of cancellation.
- We will not be responsible for delays resulting from situations within your control, such as supply of incorrect contact or delivery details, or missed or delayed appointments.
- When you try on and collect the garment that means that you are satisfied with the fit and finish.
- You may wish us to perform minor subjective adjustments to the garments such as for comfort. We shall do our best to complete such adjustments but this work may attract extra charges. For the avoidance of doubt, just because the garment requires or would benefit from subjective adjustments it does not mean that it is not of satisfactory quality. Such adjustments are not repairs to the garment.
- If you collect a garment without trying it on, and then ask us to carry out an alteration which could have been done if you had tried on the garment and/or upon reasonable inspection of it, such work may attract an additional charge.
- This is a bespoke garment service in which we manufacture goods to your order and specifications. Therefore refunds and returns are not possible unless there is a manufacturing fault in your order. We encourage you to take care with the specifications of your order.
SALE OF EXISTING GOODS
- Existing goods such as showroom samples or archive pieces are offered for sale on the basis that you have examined them sufficiently to ensure that they are fit for the purpose for which they are to be used.
- Your statutory rights are not affected by these terms and conditions.